We hope that you and your families have remained safe and well. We are excited to resume normal business hours and routine care on May 11, 2020. As we reopen, we continue to take precautions and preventative measures to ensure the health and safety of all our patients, staff and community. In accordance to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) and the Minnesota Board of Optometry(MCO), these are some changes you can expect with your upcoming appointment and/or visit.
Doctors and staff will wash or sanitize their hands before and after every exam and/or patient encounter. In between each patient, exam rooms and staff-patient contact areas will be disinfected with appropriate cleaning supplies. All eyeglass frames will be disinfected after each patient’s use. Sanitized trays will be available to patients to place selected frames in and disinfected by staff before placing back onto the frame display board.
We will have hand sanitizers available for all to use throughout the office.
Update: As of July 25th, 2020, per the Governor’s Executive Order 20-81, masks/face coverings will be required for all; staff, doctor and patients over the age of 5 years old.
Due to the nature of close contact when conducting an eye examination and eyeglass fitting, Doctors and staff will wear a face mask at all times. All patients 5 years of age and older will also be required to wear a face mask(cloth/homemade masks are acceptable) in the office during their entire visit. If you do not have a mask, our office will provide one upon your arrival. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we make these necessary adjustments for the health and safety for all.
Everyone will abide by the 6 feet social distance rule unless otherwise impossible(Ex. During the physical eye examination with the Doctor or eyeglass fitting). To comply with this, we will have to manage and reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time;
- We will mainly take patients by appointment only. Walk-ins will be taken based on the availability at the time of walk-in(if there is no availability at the time of walk-in, a staff will be happy to schedule an appointment for you for a later date/time).
- Optical encounter/eyeglass pick ups must also be scheduled to avoid patient flow overlaps and an influx in the number of patients in the office at any one time
- We kindly ask that patients arrive to their appointment alone. If the patient is a minor and/or requires the assistance of a parent/caretaker, we ask that there only be one additional parent/caretaker accompanying them. The parent/caretaker should also be wearing a mask.
- If for any reason the number of patients in office exceeds the limited capacity to maintain proper social distancing, we may kindly ask that patients wait outside the office or in their vehicle until it is their turn. We will call or text you when it is your turn to be seen.
- All intake information forms can be filled out in person, however we do encourage completing the online form prior to the appointment. Staff will advise how to fill this out(on our website) at the initial appointment conversation and the day prior to the appointment.
Our office is dedicated to screening both our staff and patients for COVID-19 related risk factors to maximize health and safety in our service to you. If any of the following apply to a patient, they will be asked to reschedule their appointment at the office to a later date:
- Had known exposure to COVID-19 and/or traveled from a known hotspot
- Has coughing, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 related symptoms
- Temperature is 100°F or greater
If you are unsure if any of the above apply to you, or you are unsure on how to proceed, our staff will be happy to provide you with recommended next steps, timetables for rescheduling, and resources.
Whenever possible, examinations via telehealth will be performed.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation as we adjust to serving you in the safest way possible. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 updates and make changes as necessary. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve our community and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Your Lee Vision Family Eye Clinic Team